Tomorrow begins our very informal, let’s just try-it-out 5-day learning challenge, which we are now referring to as a Learn-a-thon. What better time than the present to develop some guidelines and expectations for it?
Let’s keep in mind . . . this is the summer, and we don’t want anything too intense. Nothing too demanding. Nothing like anxiety-producing work. Instead, let’s explore something, anything, we may want to learn on our own, for our own purposes, to help us grow in some way.
So, looking for feedback on these guidelines that we can begin on Monday (tomorrow):
- Choose a topic or area you want to learn more about. SHARE IT.
- Mention your intention or goal for wanting to learn more about it. SHARE IT.
- Briefly outline what you hope to do each day for the next five days. SHARE IT.
- Share one thing you learned each. REMEMBER, learning is a process, and sharing what worked or did not work may have value for yourself and for those around you, often in unexpected though richly rewarding ways.
- Encourage others to pursue their intentions and goals throughout the 5 days. WE LEARN IN OUR OWN WAYS, TOGETHER.
This is what I am thinking about this to try to provide a little structure without being too demanding or stifling.
Let’s try this in two locations:
- Here on my blog (easy enough to subscribe for this week via WordPress)
- In a small Facebook Group I work with, Primal Accountability (for those who prefer the Facebook infrastructure).
I will post my own goals and facilitate this in both places, as I am less focused about the place, and more on the informal learning process together.
How does this sound?
I’m willing to give it a try!
Excellent, Gwen! There is strength in community! We are starting this off today!! https://jeffreykeefer.com/2019/07/15/today-is-day-1-of-our-5-day-summer-learn-a-thon/